Mr. Bluejay Glasses Basket- JMRush
Approximate Box size: H 2.50” X W 3” X D 2.50”
Approximate Design size: H 5.50” X W 5.50” including handle
This cute bird basket design is a perfect container for party treats, can used with or without glasses, and is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock) This tutorial includes pieces for both mr. and ms bluejay:)
2. Fold the box base at the score lines. Glue the grey bird face with eye holes it’s solid coordinating shape bird face:aligning at the top. Glue the small tail section to the larger one aligning at the center top.
3. Apply glue to the top two tabs on the box base and secure to the bird shape above.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs on the box base and secure to the round shape below forming a complete box.
5.-6. Apply glue to the circular section and secure the wings; center and align at the bottom.
7.-8. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the combined tail section.
9. Turn the box around so that the bird silhouette is facing you. Glue the combined bird face to the front of the box base. Glue the oval grey breast shape to the front of the box base.
10. Add enamel jewels to accentuate the eyes. Use pieces of foam adhesive square to attach the triangular beak and two feet.
11. Insert the handle into the side slots on the box. Repeat for the other side.
12. For the MR. Bluejay file: use a piece of foam adhesive to attach the center of the bowtie to the bowtie base. Glue into place.
13.-14. Glue the glasses into place and finish with a ribbon:)