Taco Truck Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate size: W 6.25” X H 3.5” X D 2”
The Taco Truck Treat Box has an attached lid and is great for party favors or to use as a centerpiece for parties. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock) (I grouped all of the color groups to help. You can highlight and ungroup your color sets as needed with your Silhouette program:)
2. Glue the largest circles to the matching shapes on the solid truck shapes.
3. Glue the truck shapes with cut outs to the coordinating solid truck shape. Glue the second largest circles to the largest circles that you just attached to the solid truck shape; centering it within the circles.
4. Glue the smaller door frames to the larger ones (2).Use foam adhesive squares to attach the third largest circles to the combined circles on the combined truck shape; centering them. Glue the scalloped curtain shape to the inside top of the large window on the combined truck shape.
5. Glue the front grill shape with cut outs to it’s solid base. Glue the Taco sign to it’s solid base. Glue the rectangular window shapes to the coordinating shapes.
6. Glue the three pepper pieces together- Largest on bottom to smallest on top. Glue the four taco pieces together- Largest on bottom to smallest on top. Then glue the two small squiggly lettuce pieces to the combined tacos. Glue the smallest white circles to the combined grill shape in the coordinating shapes. Glue the small open circles to the solid red circles (tail lights) Glue the hat shapes to both sides of the solid hat base. Glue the half moon shapes (brown) hat shadows to the coordinating shapes on both sides of the combined hat. Glue the two smallest circles to the insides of the headlights of the combined front grill section.
7. Flip the box bases over ( pretty side down) as shown in the photo. Fold the score lines. Apply glue to the backside of the long tab in the center. Line up the two box base pieces and attach.
8. Fold the tabs on the smallest box base piece and align with the the bottom section to the left of the seam. Apply glue to the top tab and secure into place.
9. Apply glue to the backside of the tab on the upper left box base-closest to the center. Attach to the center strip to the right of the tab.
10. Apply glue to the backside of the top tab of that same piece and secure to the right side panel.
11. Apply glue to the backsides of the two tabs of the bottom strip of the combined box base- first set from the center of the combined box base. Secure to the side panels.
12. Repeat for the next two tabs-creating a box shape. Allow to dry.
13. Repeat for the last two tabs-creating a box shape. Allow to dry.
14. Glue the front and back windshield combined pieces to their coordinating rectangular shaped panels ( these pieces have open rectangle shapes that are similar:)
15. Glue the solid rectangular spaces to their coordinating shapes on the front and top of the truck box base.
16. Image of the backside.
17. Glue the combined truck shape to it’s coordinating box base side.
Repeat for the other side. (Be careful not to glue the top backside of truck design with a window so as not to glue the box tab closure slot)
18. Glue the combined door into place. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined pepper, combined taco, and Taco sign into place.
19. Glue the long wheel hub to the coordinating side. (do not glue the very front of the long wheel hug piece- toward the front of the truck) Fold the score lines.
20. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the smaller wheel hub shape to the larger one.
21. Glue the other long wheel hub to the other side. (do not glue the very back of the long wheel hug piece- toward the back of the truck) Fold the score lines. Glue the end section to the other side of the truck tucking under the long wheel hub on the other side.
22. Image of the bumpers corner.
23. Glue the combined door to the coordinating shape on the other side of the box. Attach the last smaller wheel hub to the coordinating shape using foam adhesive squares.
24. Glue the combined round tail lights (two) to the backside of the truck.
25. Glue the combined grill piece with headlights to the front of the truck box base.
26. Insert the combined hat into the slot in the top of your box.
27. Apply glue to the front of one of the tabs and to the back of the other tab on the inside lid section of your box. Secure to the inside of the lid.
28. Image of the inside lid with tabs glued.
29. Other side of the Taco Truck:)